My Bestfriend's Ireland Visit

Finally, after two years of waiting...my bestfriend Melai finally flew from the Philippines to Ireland. Her fiancee Josef is a Slovak citizen working as a chef in Ireland. Their love story is very unique as they met through online dating site they call tagged. They met, fell in love and is planning to get married early next year. At first I'm quite hesitant to approve their romance. She is a Filipina and he is a Slovak, there would definitely be a culture differences. I'm kinda afraid that their relationship might not work. Good thing, Josef proved me wrong. He's been a very nice boyfriend to Melai and finally, he asked her to fly and visit him in Ireland for the first time.

This would definitely be a challenge for Melai as she never had the chance to ride in an airplane in her lifetime and is actually afraid to fly. It’s good that Josef assured her that everything would be fine and gave her tips on how to be comfortable in an airplane. Everything went well.

When she made it to Ireland, she immediately emailed me and told me how she managed not to panic when they started to take off. I know that she is doing this for the love of her fiancĂ©. She really enjoyed her vacation and was very excited to play in the snow. She said her fiancĂ© is a sports lover and really love playing Snowboarding. She said her boyfriend gave her a present that is all associated with the sports he love. He gave her an Electric Snowboard Goggles and bought a Smith Snow Goggles for himself. I know my friend never loved any kind of sport, in fact, she is a homebody… but she forced herself to learn Snowboard just because of him. Sometimes, I got really amazed on what love can do to people.

She stayed with him for three weeks. I missed my friend. I know I won’t be able to see her anymore when she goes to Ireland the second time next year but I’m still happy that she would have a better life there. I just hope and pray that their relationship would work and they could manage their differences. I would definitely miss her. She is the only friend I have that really understands me and knows my inner self other than my husband. Well, enough of this, I might cry again. I just hope and pray my friend Melai will be happy with his Slovak lover and I hope they live happily ever after.